In raw material handling, wear resistance is a key factor for operations in mines and quarries. SSAB’s Hardox® wear plate offers a unique combination of toughness, hardness and workshop properties. Its excellent toughness enables end users of mining and quarrying equipment to use even higher hardness levels, resulting in life-cycle cost advantages and less downtime.
In conditions with sliding wear from a combination of coal and granite, the service life of Hardox® 600 is nearly 10 times longer than for mild steel, offering cost savings over and over again.
For manufacturers of material handling equipment for mining and quarrying, thinner material will of course mean lower fuel consumption and higher payload. In addition the excellent workshop properties of Hardox® wear plate will also lower your manufacturing costs by 10-30%.
- Dump truck bodies, liners and tail gates in Hardox® wear plate
- Excavator buckets and front loaders in Hardox® wear plate
- Hardox® wear plate for crusher hammers, wear liners, chute liners, hammers and crushers
- Hardox® wear plate for mining shovels, mining draglines and bulldozer blades for surface mining equipment
- Slurry pipelines, stone quarry tubes and pipes in Hardox® wear plate
- Wear-resistant screens, grizzly bars, skips and buffer bins in Hardox® wear plate
Business can be tough. As your equipment takes a pounding every day, you probably wonder how much wear and tear it can take, if you’ve chosen the right materials and steel grades, and whether your plate is worth the investment.
- Hardox® In My Body – A sign for premium wear products in the market
Watch a selection of Hardox® In My Body certified buckets, dump bodies and other heavy construction products in action! These products have passed our strict quality control and is approved as a premium product by the SSAB board. Experts within wear and structural technology carefully analyze the welding quality, manufacturing process and design.
Each sign has a unique ID that is traceable and can secure the origin and material. The sign of quality with premium ingredients gives you as a user a significantly higher used equipment value. Click here to discover products that are both fuel saving and more productive.